Tuesday, July 8

Glamping!

My girlfriend Kelly emailed me the other day raving about a little family vacation she took. She described it so sweetly I couldn't resist asking her to send pics so I could post it here. Here's Kelly's report.



"We had a great time on San Juan Island. We went "glamping" (glamour camping) at Lakedale Resort. We stayed in a canvas cabin.



It was furnished with a queen bed and a futon covered with down comforters that were oh so cozy. It was so nice with a table, chairs, side table, mirror, etc. It was clean and new looking. No electricity or water in the cabin, but we didn't miss it.

There were nice bathrooms a short walk away. The Lodge looked wonderful, but didn't allow children under 12 or 15, I can't remember.


We played Yahtzee,

watched dragonflies spread their wings,

went out on a rowboat on the lake.

Around the island we visited an Alpaca farm and saw the babies, Way cute.

It was a very relaxing and fun vacation."


Nice review Kel! Sounds just about perfect to me...and I LOVE the San Juans. Thanks so much for the info :-)

-jen

No comments: